A light bulb moment, well a dim and distant glow moment in my case...

When it rains in the UK, which is pretty often and I can't stomach the thought of riding to work in the rain I get the train. I need a bike to use to and from the station because it's about a twenty minute walk to work and walking is for fools, or for Sunday strolls with the missus. Above is my wonderful apple green Brompton which I used to use on days when it is pissing down, but it cost a fair bit of wonga and we could do with the cash in hand. So I have just sold it because I was given an old road bike by a former colleague Tom, great chap and very kind of him (cheers T).

The bike was trashed though, it needed both wheels replaced and the gears were all f'ed up too, man the steed was in a state. With some lovin care and help from the guys in head office workshop she is up and running again, and all for the price of sweet nothin. We did some tweaking and replaced the bars with flat ones and cut them nice and short too, fitted a single front brake, put some flat pedals on and converted it to a singlespeed with an easy gear ratio of 39/16 for my tired old legs. Ey, she rides smooth...

Below is my brand new, second hand bike and a beautiful rat in my eyes.